FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, June 28, 2012

The beginning..


There are a few things you should know about our family:
We met September 24, 2009 ^
Kaleb asked me to marry him on top of a waterfall July 11, 2010

 
 We were married June 25, 2011

We are followers of Jesus Christ.

We are Bible believing Christians.

My husband and I attend the Willmar Assembly of God church, in Willmar, MN.

I (Jenni) am 15 weeks, 4 days pregnant.

I thought it would be a good time to start a family blog. This way people can keep up with what is going on in our neck of the woods. The biggest news is that we are going to be parents in December. That is the main reason I want to start this blog. In 6 months our family of two will become three. We are so excited and so thankful to God. This is an amazing journey that we are both excited to take.

I am a strong believer in natural childbirth. We see a Certified Midwife named Joy. This means that we will only be having one ultrasound just to get a picture of Bsby H. so that family can be happy. We will not be finding out the sex of the baby until he/she comes into the world. Bringing a child into this world is not a curse or a burden it is a wonderful blessing. It is a partnership between the mother and God. Together, they bring a living, breathing, human being into this world. I think of it like this, how many days are we alive on earth?? If I live to be 90, that is 32,850 days. My rational is this, am I willing to suffer terrible agony for 1-2 days in order to bring a child into this world?? I mean considering I will be on earth more than 30 thousand days, I find it disgusting that women are not willing to suffer a little. I mean seriously.  YES labor, is hard work and can be a struggle. I am refusing to use the P-word when talking about my future laboring process. I won't do it. (P- word = pain.) And pain will not be a part of my labor process. I plan on breathing, humming, praying and meditating my way through the birth of this child. I see that there is NO other way to do it. Using heavy drugs to lull contractions brings some medication to that tiny little person. AND I refuse to do that. The babies that come from epidurals are drowsy and sleep way too much. I want a healthy drug free baby.

Today, June 28, 2012, I felt tired and run down. We moved into a house and I did lots of unpacking yesterday and the day before. Today, I rested and read books and spent time with God in prayer. And can't forget the most important thing, I at lots and lots of food!! And drank about a gallon of water.

 11 weeks
 13 weeks


14 weeks

3 comments:

  1. Love it, Jenni! Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am excited to start sharing. Hopefully I can hop on once a day and post a quick blurb. Otherwise, I think I may journal and then type on here the bullets from the daily journal entries once a week. Kaleb's dad doesn't have facebook so I want him to be able to keep up with our life.

      Delete
    2. Cool! I look forward to reading!

      Delete