FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, September 19, 2013

August | September with the Holzhauers




The end of August was a blast! My mom, Nona, Elijah and I drove to Kansas. Elijah was able to meet all of his Rilinger family members. That is my mother's side of the family through my late grandfather, George! They are a great bunch of people.
I have two great aunts that are Nuns. They live in Leavenworth, Kansas. We had a wonderful time with them. We stayed in the guest quarters of the Motherhouse. It was a delight to be there!
It was restful and relaxing. To be surrounded by women that have dedicated themselves to the Lord is phenomenal. Simply wonderful! I cannot even put it into words. These women have the light of Christ within them and it is beautiful!
Here are a few photos from all of our adventures.
We also visited my late Grandfather's brother Ray and his family. His daughters drove from Kansas to MN to come to my wedding. It was lovely to make a trip to see them. They make me laugh so hard.
I made everyone laugh when we first got there.
Imagine a garage full of people you don't know.
All laughing and smiling and introducing themselves.
I said, "the resemblance is crazy. I don't know whether to laugh or cry!"

My great uncle Ray looks so much like my late grandfather! It was almost hard to look at him. It felt like Popop was sitting at the table. But it was Ray.
I know it helped Nona to be able to be around all of my grandfather's family. And reminisce and laugh and joke around with everyone!
Elijah had a well baby 6 month check-up in August. He weighed 21.3 pounds and was 28 inches long!! SUCH a growing boy! 

Hummingbirds were EVERYwhere at the end of summer! So my parents set up two feeders to enjoy watching them fly all around. I have a youtube video I will post. 

Elijahbear loves to watch the family dog

a safe way for them to meet

Playing on the bed at the Motherhouse

missouri river

snuggle time

being silly 

first time in a pack n play

St Mary's college in Leavenworth

The building we stayed in

I was doodling during church! I am always so inspired by God's word


Right down the road from the Motherhouse


Dessert was so good! Caramel brownies and chocolate blueberry cupcakes!



We visited my Great Aunt Lorraine - this is her in 1950



to the far right is my great grandfather george and great grandmother alice




My moms cousins took us all around to the different churches. This is where my grandpa went to school and church as a young boy 

Ebear was in awe!

Nona loved being there! 

The view from the farm where my grandfather grew up! BEAUTIFUL!
U T A H 

We flew to Utah over Labor Day weekend and stayed the following week. 
It was great to see everyone. 
Trips are always intense but with a baby, it is even more crazy! 
It's hard to know what to pack and what to leave at home. 
I ended up not packing warm enough clothes for the climate we were in! So as we were camping we took a drive to the nearest town and shopped at a Deseret Industries
We were camping up in the mountains and it was cold in the mornings and cold at night. So I found two cute sleepers (Children's Place) for the cold times. 
It was beautiful to be there! 
The mountains were all around us and they were mesmerizing. 
Simply breathtaking. 
Because we live in Minnesota and it is so flat here, being near the mountains is a real treat. 
I am always reminded of how great God is by looking up at the mountains. 
The majesty
The beauty
love
it

We stayed with Kaleb's parents in their camper. Kaleb, Elijah and I slept on the table that turns into a bed. Thank GOD, for memory foam pads! It was very comfortable. It was a tight squeeze but we stayed warm. Actually, with those two heaters, I stayed quite warm. 
Being able to met everyone was a wonderful thing! There were so many people! It took the first day to just be able to keep everyone straight! :) Buteventually I was able to learn everyone. And place the kids with the right parents. 
I had fun making a craft and painting a wooden plane for Elijah's room! :) And it turns out that the plane I painted matches the one that came with some vinyl decals I purchased in Utah. THAT makes this mama really happy! 
Here are some photos of our adventures in the mountains with everyone! I have lots more to post but I need to edit the photos first. :)




We camped in this mountain!






























































We had a lovely time in Kansas
A blast in Utah
and now we are enjoying life in MN. 
We spent last weekend with my parents. My sister drove 2 hours from Minneapolis to come hang out with us all! We had a great time! 
Here are some snap shots! 


G O D 
B L E S S 
Y O U 
A N D 
Y O U R S !!


No comments:

Post a Comment