FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

\\ A mommy moment //

Last month, for about a week, I found myself starting to care what other people thought about how we choose to raise Elijah. I suppose, I let my guard down. It's easy to do when people are always asking, "is he a good baby?" & "does he sleep good"? During that week, he wasn't sleeping very much. And I started wondering if people were right about sleep training. Especially, when they are quick to tell you that your parenting a style is wrong. In my mind, I became weary, probably from exhaustion & lack of sleep. My strong willed confidence can be shaken by judgements. And that is what I usually get when I inform people that we cosleep most nights. Women say I'm crazy. Just like they do when I tell them, I choose to stay home. 


But that hard week was just a small phase. Elijah must have been going through something. Because he has been sleeping beautifully. After contemplation, I realize, I cannot let myself listen to the nay Sayers for even a moment. 

Everyone seems to have so much advice about parenting. I find myself mothering Elijah, in nearly the opposite direction as the majority of my peers & society. If everyone's doing it, I have to weigh, if that's good or not. Is the majority including God in the equation? No they aren't. Every choice of mine as a mother is prayed about and every choice is made in Elijah's best interest. 

This has been a great life lesson. In staying on the path God is leading you down. Even when others judge you or throw verbal stones your way. 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome post, Jenni! Elijah is such a lucky baby to have you and Kaleb as his mommy and daddy!!

    ReplyDelete