FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Notes

It's freezing cold today and Kaleb got called in to work. Which is great for the pocketbook and for upcoming giving times. BUT it means I didn't want to brave the freezing cold with Elijah by myself. So we stayed home from church.
It's a 30 minute drive. We have been enjoying quiet time at home. I have been bible studying and I listened to my favorite pastor- Mark Driscoll. He just finished up a series on the Ten Commandments! So good! So inspiring! 

his advice about honoring our mother and father was very good. I also see that I do tend to covet. And it's easy to do in a culture where we can see everyone's lives so easily. With twitter, Facebook, blogs and Instagram. But I am determined to fill my desires with the things of Christ. 

Here are my thoughts and notes and what I learned from listening to Pastor Mark Driscoll preach on 
DO NOT COVET 

Not accepting a gift is robbing the giver of a blessing. 

Rejoice with others in their prosperity and blessings. 
Giving blesses everyone involved. 
BLESSING = GIVING 

Acts 20:35 
We are more blessed when we have a giver's heart. 

The happiest most joy filled moments in life come when we are cheerfully giving. 

Coveting = I "need" and I will be blessed when I get all that I want and "need". 
Giving is an apportioning to love. 
Generosity is an opportunity to bless. 

Philippians 4:11-13 
G I V E 
it's a matter of the heart 
>--->--->--->--->

We need to CrUsH coveting with contentment!!

•Coveting- I want what I want. 
•Contentment- I want what God wants. 

L I F E
It's a battle between the coveting & the content. 

IT'S A HEART ISSUE. 

Crushing our earthly desires doesn't solve coveting. 
Change your desires to be God's desires. 
Seek after God. 
You can't ever be too obsessed with Him. 
Feed and nourish your Holy | God desires. 
Learning about the 
TEN COMMANDMENTS 
Has showed me :: 
1. God is an amazing father. His instruction stands the test of time and generations. And is and will always be relevant. 
2. Jesus is incredible. He didn't break any commandments internally or externally. 
Jesus is God, perfect and pure of heart. 
We are ao unlike Him. 
That's why we need Him. 
3. God sent us the Holy Spirit. He causes us to have a new heart and a new nature.  The Holy Spirit changes our desires to match the father heart if God. 
God's heart is big enough for all of mankind. 

Yield to your desires and become more like Jesus. 

And you will have greater 
J O Y

SIDE NOTE
Advice >--->--->
Ask your kids every Sunday after church
>>---->>
What is your take away? What did God teach you today?




No comments:

Post a Comment