FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Celebrate Calm

Kirk Martin ~~~

Celebrate Calm 
There is one thing you cannot take away from me, ever: my ability to choose how to respond. 
You can hurt me, you can be mean to me.
 I choose to forgive, I choose to be kind.
 You can try to disrespect me. 
But I have too much self-respect to give you that power over my mood and attitude. 
When you are disrespectful, I choose to have mercy because I can see the pain ripping you apart inside. 
You can choose envy, bitterness and backbiting.
 It has no power over me.
 I choose mercy because that poison in your soul must be slowly drowning you.
 You can take away my job and my possessions. 
But you cannot ever take away my choice to worship my Creator. 
You can make my life inconvenient, try to kill me with a thousand tiny cuts.
 But I choose gratitude for another opportunity to grow up into a mature person.
 I refuse to be a victim. 
I refuse to be a doormat.
 I refuse to make excuses and blame others. 
I choose how I respond today.

No comments:

Post a Comment