FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Sleep changes.

My heart. 
My baby has hit some major milestones this week. 

People make such a huge deal about babies and their sleep schedules. 
Sleep train. 
Cry it out. 
Don't co sleep. 
Don't night nurse after infancy. 
The list goes on and on. And I ignored all the advice, judgments & rude comments. And I knew as Elijah's mother that in time, he would find his sleep pattern. We prayed together for God to help us sleep. And the past 3 days, Elijah has asked to take a nap & to go to bed. He is in our room with us. But I see now that letting him feel secure when it comes to sleeping has been so healthy. I can sit back & know that I didn't keep him at arms length. I didn't deny him my presence or Kaleb's. We let him bond & showed him we are with him. 
My theory about sleep has been proven to be a solid idea. Each child WILL find their sleep. But just as every other part of development, it is individual and specific to every child. We are, after all, each a unique person. 

If we spent less time discussing and planning how to get our babies to sleep, and we just enjoyed them and helped them feel secure, it would alleviate a lot of unwarranted anxiety. 

No comments:

Post a Comment