FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Inspired by God | Inspired by Joy Prouty

This photo explains it all! It is how I feel when people ask me these two questions- "Is he a good baby?" "Is he a good sleeper/is he sleeping well?"
1. Is he a good baby? 
I think, a good baby? I know this is just a societal question and people don't really think before they speak. But let's think a moment, what makes a baby good? Not crying? Well- crying is their ONLY language. So that's not fair to judge a baby on the amount they cry. How often they eat? Does that make a baby good? Well, once again, they can't help that either! How long they sleep? once again, they cant help that either and their ever growing bodies need food every 3 hours or maybe more. 
2. Is he a good sleeper/is he sleeping good? 
I always say yes. Because he sleeps great. But he does need to nurse some at night. It's not something they can help. And expecting a baby to adapt to our adult routine is absurd!  I know it is because he is an active child and my night time milk keeps his circadian rhythm in sync with mine. Without it, his little brain starts firing fast and he is up and alert and wants to conquer the world, at 2:00 am. But once again, not his fault. 
He is my child. Just as Joy Prouty says, God entrusted me to be a mother. There isn't some box that this role fits in. Even if we get lulled into thinking we. Are entitled to such things as sleep or a "good" baby. We aren't. I want to live out of that place. It leaves me feeling content in the life I lead with my husband and my son. Before we ask these questions of mothers with babies, let's be conscious of what we are saying. It puts pressure on mothers that is unnecessary and makes us feel that we have to match the mold. When we most definitely do not. Our American way of a busy, go go go life, doesn't leave much room for babies to thrive properly! 
Let the newborn dictate things. They need to feel secure before they can ever fully grasp love. 
*
**
***
****
****
***
**
*

This subject of entitlement lead me to the next few thoughts::::

We have become a culture of entitlement. 
Adults feel it! Teenagers feel it! Kids feel it! 
They all feel entitled to things. 
Entertainment. 
Comfort. 
Money. 
Time. 
But in reality we aren't entitled or deserving of anything. We should want for nothing and be content with what we have. 
That is how I want to live. How I want to wake up each morning. 
Happy! 
H A P P Y. B E C A U S E. ::
I am alive! 
I am healthy! 
I live in America! 
I am the only one who knows what it's like to be ME! 
I can help others! 
I have a husband! 
I have a son!
I am loved! 
I am a child of God! 
I have a mother who raised me to love JESUS! 
I have the free will to choose! 
I don't have to let the painful parts of life define me!
I am not who I was! 
I am forgiven! 
I am set free! 
I am redeemed!
I can always pray! 
I am beautiful because God created me
{{we are all beautiful because God created everyone}}

H O N E S T L Y 
the list could go on and on! Each of us have a choice! To sit and wallow or grab a hold of the good parts of life and embrace them! And look at the bad parts or the painful parts and let them be used for God's glory! HE can use your story to bless others! 
We have our pain for a reason! To being joy to others and spread the good news of Jesus to a broken world! 
Use your story to enlighten others! 

  Jesus is the way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment