FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, April 27, 2015

Listen to your child

Deep issues people battle can be caused by a number of things. A combination of flaws because this world is broken. But from reading and knowing people struggling with identity issues, I've come to the conclusion that many emotional issues we have, they stem from childhood. It can be as simple as never being listened to or as serious as sexual abuse. Lately, my son wants to pretend to be a baby, he floats in and out of his "baby" character and sometimes he says he is mommy while he's wiping the table, or he wants to be a dog or cat. In 10 minutes he can be all of these things. And to me it's just playful and his mind works fast. To the world, they would want to label him (ADD, ADHD, etc) and some would tell me not to play along. But I think, if I belittle his mind now as it is just turning on, what will that do? 
When I see parents belittling a child or yelling instead of listening, I think of that child as an adult. I say a prayer of protection over that child. With lost and confused people, my first thought is "what happened to you when you were young" or even what didn't happen? How were they damaged? 

No comments:

Post a Comment