FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 17, 2014

Life is short. Get over yourself.

I recently put the title of this post as a Facebook status. And thought I would clarify what I mean exactly. 

I'm not sure if you have heard of the YouTube channel "SoulPancake" but they post really amazing videos. 
I found out about them partly from my sister and partly from Rainn Wilson (Dwight - The Office). 

Well they have a series about death. Interviewing people facing their own death. And putting a positive view of what it's like. It is beautiful. Even though it's sad, it's beautiful. Especially when the person dying loves Jesus. 

This past week one of the individuals featured in one of the videos went to be with Jesus. His name was Joel. He is a miracle. He wasn't supposed to live to see 2 years old but God healed him time and time again. He was five when God welcomed him home. 

His passing hit me hard. Mostly because of some strained relationships; relationships I wish were better. But the other people don't want anything from me. They choose other people over me. And that is just fact. 

Joel's passing really made me think about life. 
My life. 
It's very similar to how I viewed my life after my grandfather passed away. 
Death always grips my soul and touches me greatly. 
I see so much petty behavior in the world. I am always praying that I am not being petty towards others. 
I want to forgive and show grace to people. And give people chances. People who truly want to change and are truly sorry for their past wrongs, I want to give them 2nd chances and third chances and oh heck, infinite chances. As long as they are truly trying to be better. And letting God work on them. I have plenty of grace to give them. 

I think about how there aref amilies that have experienced great loss and they wish their loved one was still with them. 
I get so emotional when I think about those people. Because I am alive and there are people who I love who don't choose me. They choose friends and they choose substances and they choose themselves. 
There are people on their knees begging for their loved one to live. While we sit here alive and well. I get so desperately sad thinking about this fact. I know the only person I can control is myself. And I have fervently been praying to continue to show people God's love and His grace & mercy; despite how they have treated me. 

I'm sad that people are selfish and they aren't willing to work on forgiveness. Or for whatever reason they can't see past their own selfish feelings. 

Think about your own life. What will you be known for?? 
Will you be the person who just couldn't let things go? 
The person who holds on to the past? 
The person who won't accept an apology? 
The person who won't enjoy life to the fullest? 
The person who can't get over what someone said some time a while ago? 

I know I don't want to be that person. 

It's time to get over ourselves. 

Because life just isn't that long. And it's important we don't take it for granted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment