FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, March 31, 2014

The law of motion

  1. First law: When viewed in an inertial reference frame, an object either remains at rest or continues to move at a constant velocity, unless acted upon by an external force.[2][3]
  2. Second lawF = ma. The vector sum of the forces F on an object is equal to the massm of that object multiplied by the acceleration vector a of the object.
  3. Third law: When one body exerts a force on a second body, the second body simultaneously exerts a force equal in magnitude and opposite in direction on the first body.

Newton's First & Third laws have been on my mind lately. I will do my best to explain what I mean by that. I know these laws have to do with mechanics and physics and motion. But I have been contemplating an idea for a while::::

What if these laws also apply to our behavior? I am especially thinking of the Third law.
I have been thinking about complaining and the gravity of the words we say; Along with our actions and reaping what we sow. The world calls it Karma. But I don't buy into that. God's word says 
Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows. (Galatians 6:7 BOOKS)

The Bible says our tongues hold the power of life and death. 

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit. (Proverbs 18:21 NKJV)

That is a heavy statement

I have been pondering these verses in relation to Newton's laws. In a way they are paraphrases of one another. I see that Newton's laws seem to connect in a way. At least they do in regards to reaping and sowing. 

An object at rest stays at rest. And an object in motion stays in motion. If we just sit around and do nothing, we can't expect blessings upon blessings. If we aren't pouring love, peace and kindness into others, we cannot think God will pour into us his peace and goodness. 

But that is exactly what we do. 

If we act poorly towards people we encounter daily, we cannot expect people to treat us nicely. And we definitely can't look to God to help life run smoothly. 
Newton's third law sums it up. If we exert force into something it pushes back with an equal force. 
To me, that sounds pretty simple. If we throw out whiney complaints, ill words, rude comments, & cursing, how can we expect anything positive to come back our way? How can we expect God to bless us? 
If the power of life and death are in the tongue, shouldn't we also stop speaking out negative truths??
Insert a negative action in the blank::
________ always happens. 
________ never happens. 
My child always _______. 
My husband never ______. 
My wife can't _______. 

We do this all the time. Instead of speaking life and love and health and joy and blessings, we speak curses. 
With God, people change. Our behaviors do not define us. We aren't ALWAYS the same person we were yesterday if we ask God to help us grow and change. 

What are we teaching our children?! 
Life just is the way it is right now. Growth doesn't happen. Maturation doesn't occur. If you have a character flaw, it's their forever and God can never heal you??!!

All of which is extremely negative and terrible. 

Okay, let's say there is a woman who complains and complains about life. Complains when she's well and healthy. Complains when she's sick. Complains when the car breaks down. Complains when pregnancy is hard. Complains when parenting is hard. Complains when marriage is hard. 
She has a negative view about most things. 
And then, this same woman is surprised when life throws hard situations her way. And she keeps on complaining. 

My quandary is: in some way by comaining aren't the situations brought to life by her own words? 
Her complaints appear to fuel more negative situations. 

Complaining and spreading negative words has been something I have been praying about for several years. 
It is natural for me to go to a negative place first. And I don't want to keep thinking that way. 
I asked God to first help my mouth stay silent. 
And that includes social media postings. I am careful what I post. I don't want to type out negative terrible things about my life. 
I want the Christ in me to shine brighter than my sinful nature. I want to daily walk in the light of His glory. 

"What's true in the physical is true in the spiritual." 
Pastor Keith Kerstetter.  





No comments:

Post a Comment