FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 3, 2013

May has arrived!!

Well, this week we are packing and getting ready to move on Saturday. So it has made life quite interesting. Moving is annoying without children. And with a baby it is a lot harder. It's hard to know what to pack and what not to pack. I have a suitcase full of Elijah's clothes. And that has seemed to work pretty well. My mom has come driven the 20 minute drive to help me Thursday and today. And that has been nice. It has been such a blessing to be able to live here for the past year and spend time with my mom and my family.
But we both feel that this is the next step for our family and it is what the Lord is telling us to do. And it is what is best for our family, our pocketbook, and our future.
I am very grateful to Kaleb for commuting the one hour to work and 1 hr back home again each day for the last year. I was able to be near my family, especially my mom during my first pregnancy. And that was a wonderful joyous thing!
But this little house that we are living in now is much too small. We have outgrown it. Elijah loves his bouncy toy and it takes up a lot of space. And he really doesn't have much space to learn how to crawl in this house.

Moving will be hard because we will have to find a new church and started new different life down there but we are both very excited!
But I do not want to be afraid of hard things. I also want to stay as positive as I can. Because this is where we know we need to go.

I will be posting pictures and whatnot as we move into our house. And I am including a few previews the Elijah's three months/four-month photo shoot.

This week I also had to go to a funeral of a woman who was apart of our Tuesday morning Bible study. She took her own life. It was tragic. No one knew she was struggling or sad or anything. She smiled and loved life, or so we all thought. Even her husband and her two daughters had no idea she was in emotional pain.
This event once again left me sad.
and left me pondering life and thanking God for things.
Family,
Love.
The cross.
Jesus' sacrifice of unconditional love. God's love and forgiveness does not depend on my past or present wrongs. If I hold tight to Jesus, I am forgiven. There is NOTHING I do in this life that can get me in to Heaven or closer to Christ. He is near to the broken hearted and brings them peace.
I watched a movie yesterday called, "World Changers" it is on Netflix and it is good! I will end this entry with a quote from that movie.
It just hit home after this year. After losing my grandpa and then attending this funeral.
The pastor at the funeral said a good thing and I have been sharing it a lot!
1. No one knows everything.
2. No one has everything together.
3. We all depend on God's love, grace and mercy.

"This is how life goes. One minute it's bright and hopeful. And the next, something seemingly inexplicable happens. But God is there."



























1 comment:

  1. Such cute pictures! Hi to Yvonne and hugs to Elijah for us :-) We are saying prayers for your friend's family.

    ReplyDelete