FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Not my timing. His timing.

Congratulations, to my dear friend, A, on the birth of her second daughter! 

The Lord works everything out for good! It's OUR job to trust Him and listen for #thatstillsmallvoice. . Last weekend the weather was being weird. It was muggy and hot and rainy. But it was sunny. We had planned to do maternity photos Saturday but the day started out bad. I felt that we should've kept our plans. I could feel it in my bones. But we didn't. And all day I felt sick and anxious. I felt so weird. I KNEW it was God. Urging me. Pushing me forward to get the photos taken ASAP. So on Sunday, my husband had to work so we had church at home. And I couldn't shake the feeling that the photos HAD to happen THAT DAY! So I told my friend this. That I feel like God says now. Do it now. And I just had this feeling that He would reveal in HIS time, why I felt this way! 

And Sunday turned out to be warm and amazing! Perfect for photos!! Even better than the previous day! Golden hour was tremendous! 


{{GOD IS GOOD

ALL THE TIME}}


I knew baby would make her arrival and there wouldn't be another chance. 

Look how God takes care of us! Truly! This week God is showing me how closely HE pays attention. And how HE ISN'T a father who ignores His children. You think by now I should always remember and always understand that. But it's hard for us to comprehend. Simply because we ourselves aren't perfect as He is. 

This has also been a week of God making it known that my efforts are good enough for Him. It's so easy to get caught up in performance and legality. And then we MISS the mark! We will fall short. It is inevitable. But God doesn't care. And it is easy as a SAHM to judge yourself harshly. It is easy to have days/weeks/moments where you feel like some days are so mundane. So boring. 

When logically, I know that the bigger picture is for the greater good of my son. I am in the here and now to invest in his future. And each day is a gift. I truly know this. But it doesn't change that some days feel overwhelming & some days feel so routine. My soul craves those intimate and goose-bump-giving encounters with Jesus. I have been praying for them to happen separate of Church. I asked God to help me listen more intently to His voice. And to really live life with others in mind. I want to bless them and bring them closer to the Jesus I know. 

 Clearly, things on this earth are fleeting BUT God is watching. And He sees & when our efforts are good and pure and we are aligned with His will, He sets things in motion. He gives us what our hearts desire when it does not contradict His purpose. 

The still small voice is a beautiful thing!  

But we have to practice our listening abilities. We have to quiet ourselves daily. This way when life comes barreling at us, we are equipped and ready! And our listening skills are fine tuned! 


Pick a favorite Bible verse and meditate on it. And let God's word bring life to your bones. 


Then


I urge you today and every day to :::


STOP

TAKE A BREATH 

AND 

LISTEN 


:::::::


This is the day that The Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. 

2This is the day the Lord has

Psalm 118:24 

No comments:

Post a Comment