FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 9, 2014

|| Happy Birthday, Elijah! ||

OUR BABY IS ONE!
This has been one of the best years of my life. Full of growth and change and sacrifice.
I am starting this blog post now even though we have more celebrating happening this weekend. We had a party planned for Jan 4, 2014, BUT the weather had other plans. And actually it turned out to be better than I could have imagined.
Go figure.
God had it under control.
It was a good lesson in feeling my feelings but STILL trusting God for a good outcome.
My sister, Blake (her bf) and Chloe (our close friend) braved the roads and stayed with us Saturday, January 4th. Having them here was such a delight for me. We do not get many visitors these days. We live far from our friends up in the Willmar, MN area. I had fun cooking for everyone. I made chicken chow mien Saturday night. And for breakfast the next day I made a potato, egg fry and sausage and bacon. We all snacked on chips and dip and nearly at the entire 9 X 13 pan of oreo cream cheese dessert! YUM!
I plan on making more tomorrow for the party this Saturday (11th).


We spent Saturday, eating, talking and watching tv. We enjoyed some yummy glasses of wine and relaxed. I took lots of photos, as usual.
I really enjoyed getting to know my sister bf, Blake.
It turns out Elijah does not like cake. He didn't like when we fed it to him. He really hated having sticky hands full of frosting. Poor thing. So we ended that quickly, and gave him a bath. He was much happier after that.
Enjoy the photos!

Elijah on his actual Birthday. January 2, 2014!





























He did NOT enjoy his cake smash. Maybe next year,






see you later! 




No comments:

Post a Comment