FOLLOW ME

Follow on Bloglovin

Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Great Snow Bowl of 2014

This has been a beautiful weekend. 
We had a wedding to go to 1.25.14 a&d so we decided to make a weekend trip of it! We reserved a suite at a Marriott! It was amazing. 

We hung out with my sister and her bf on Friday evening. Played cards, had some wine and lots of laughs. We are growing very fond of my sister's boyfriend. I won't publish his name, as I haven't asked him. Which reminds me, I should ask. 

I am glad my sister found someone worthy of her love. 

Saturday morning and afternoon was spent relaxing and snacking on food. My other sister, Gina and her boyfriend stopped over before they went to MOA. We just relaxed and enjoyed their lovely company. 

We:
got ready for the wedding. 
Had a mini photo shoot thanks to my sister G. [photos to follow]

We enjoyed a lovely evening with some good friends. And they will soon be married also! [5.3.14] {CANT WAIT}

I have started 2 countdowns! 
1. Arizona to meet our nephew:: 20 days! 

2. Fritz wedding:: 96 days! 

SO PUMPED! 

I know what you're thinking, this girl is a dork. Yep. 

// Ok back to the weekend \\
The wedding was such a fun time! I am amazed they put it together in 3 months! It was beautiful. They played a fun game where they had 4:24 mins to take a group photo with each table! It was a hoot! And they succeeded! Those photos will be such a beautiful memory. :) 
I don't know why but I had forgotten that Elijah would probably enjoy the dancing. AND he did!! {here} and {here}
We stayed until 7:30. Elijah was so tired. He fell asleep on the drive. 

We went over to my sisters apartment. Kaleb charged & jumped her car. And we all drove back to the {Marriott}. 

Kaleb went to bed early. My sis and I stayed up pretty late [1:30am] just talking and hanging out. Elijah refused to sleep. He is growing 8 teeth all at once (molars and eye teeth) and it makes him a night owl. {hoo hoo}
We watched "The Help". My sister hadn't seen it so that was fun to share that movie memory with her. 

I was glad to go to sleep - finally!
We had planned on finding a church to attend but Kaleb decided it was more important to replace my sister's car battery. And I agree! 
I am so thankful that Kaleb is such a hard worker. He installed my sisters new battery even though it was pretty dang cold out! 

We had a late checkout of 1:00pm on Sunday. So we decided to go swimming. And boy did we have fun!
 {here} 
Elijah loved the water and I'm so glad. Since he was a winter baby and there were no pools near us he didn't get exposed to much water as an infant. And he had some exposure over summer. But summer was so short in 2013. He has only been in bath water since September. The last time hew as swimming was in Utah when we went boating with grandpa Tom. All that to say, he hasnt been exposed to a lot of water. 

He couldn't get enough of the pool! It made us all very excited for summer!! 

We got packed up and went to Michael's  craft store. I needed a supply of yarn! 

We hugged and kissed my sister. And we went our separate ways. 

I always hate saying see ya later. But we had plans to see each other Feb 5th. 

We knew that the weather was forecasted to get blizzardy later in the day. As we kept driving, it started to get CRAZY!!! WE COULDNT SEE FIVE FEET IN FRONT OF US! 

We were halfway home and decided to pull into a small town and spend the night in a hotel. 

We were thankful for a warm place to stay. The wind was crazy all night. Elijah slept fabulously!! We were thankful for that! It was miraculous!! 

The breakfast was yummy at both of our hotels. It was nice not to have to cook. 

We were blessed over this past weekend. Truly. 

We made it home around 11am on Monday. It felt so good to be home and safe and sound! 
It was such an eventful journey to get home! I have been calling it "the great snow ball of 2014". My own nerdy way of making a pun in reference to "the great dust bowl". 
Lame. I know. 

:) 





















No comments:

Post a Comment